Saturday, September 4, 2010

Same old same old

Well it's been a while since I last posted so I figured an update was due. Not much has changed here. We had to change our tools out on 8/31 and then as we were trying to get back to drilling there were issues with our mud returns which is not a good thing. It can cause serious problems if you don't try and fix it. So they spent the next to days trying to solve that problem and we finally got back to drilling yesterday around 2 pm. The worst pat was that I had to still be up in case they were going to try and go back to drilling. Which made for 2 very long shifts of doing absolutely nothing. Now that we're drilling again we should be done in about a week if there's no other issues which I'm hoping for. I've been on a rig for the past 40 days and can't wait to be home for a bit and see people and just relax without having to worry about being woken up to go carry 250 pounds with another guy. All in all its been interesting and fun and I've learned a whole lot about drilling and the oilfield. I feel confident that I could go on and lead a job now which is good. I'm hoping to hot the promotion right at the 3 month mark. There's not a lot of jobs where after 3 months your annual income can jump $20k and I feel blessed to be in this situation for now. I know I couldn't do this for long because family is too important to me but for now I think its the best and can set up my life a lot better. It was hard reading the posts about the August bdays and the family pictures. I really wish I could have been there and I hope that I get lucky and have days off around Christmas. Well its about time for me to do some work and then get back to reading. I'm gonna try and get some more pictures taken and might go to the state park that's about 10 minutes from here in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment